With recent safety precaution updates, your local arts organizations are taking an intermission from in-person events to keep everyone healthy.
Luckily, that doesn’t mean we’re leaving you in the dark. You can participate in virtual activities with your favorite live arts in KC. Or follow along with live arts organizations on social for games, giveaways and more (find them all linked in saved stories on our Instagram).
For now, we want to make sure you stay informed. Here’s updated information (including virtual events you can participate in!):
- American Jazz Museum has closed until the end of April. Head to their website for more information. Or visit the museum from home at anytime!
- Coterie Theatre has decided to cancel the rest of the season. They are offering online interactive classes here. To view their full COVID-19 info, head here.
- Folly Theater has postponed or cancelled all events through May 10. You can read their full update here.
- Friends of Chamber Music has cancelled the remainder of their season but is looking forward to sharing ’20-’21 season updates soon. Find out more here.
- Harriman-Jewell Series has cancelled or postponed events through the end of April. Find specific event info here.
- Kansas City Ballet has cancelled events through the end of their season, May 17. You can read their full update here.
- Kansas City Broadway Series is postponing the ’19-’20 season but is looking forward to working to reschedule shows during their return this fall. View more information here.
- Kansas City Symphony is offering a few fun, online options, including Kansas City Symphony at Home, Beethoven Walks into a Bar…, #KCSisStillMakingMusic and Watch & Listen. They’ve postponed or cancelled in-person events through May 10. You can view updates to each of those events here.
- Kauffman Center has postponed events through May 10. You can read their full update here.
- KCRep is offering online streaming of Origin KC through April 15 here. They’ve cancelled other performances through end of April. Stay updated on their website.
- Lyric Opera of Kansas City has cancelled events through the remaining ’19-’20 season and has asked ticket holders to contact their Ticketing & Patron Services office. View full info here.
- Quality Hill Playhouse has postponed productions through May 10. You can find more info here.
- Starlight Theatre has cancelled events through April and moved their May 12 concert to August 13. For more information, go here.
- UMKC Conservatory has cancelled all events until further notice. To stay up-to-date, head here.
- Unicorn Theatre has cancelled performances of American Son and are suspending operations for the time being. Stay updated here.
- White Theatre is offering Virtual J online to stay connect. They’ve closed events through the end of April. Find updates here.