DEPARTMENT: Stage Operations
POSITION: Stage Carpenter
REPORTS TO: TD and/or Production Manager
JOB TYPE: Seasonal, hourly with overtime after 40, potential to renew contract
Hourly Rate Range: $17-$21 per hour
BENEFITS: Health Insurance, 401k
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Stage Carpenter will coordinate the running, organization and maintenance of the backstage area for all KC Rep productions in Spencer and Copaken. They will act as the primary deck crew member and flyperson for all KC Rep shows.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as primary deck crew member and flyman for all KC Rep productions
- Responsible for the maintenance of all scenic, paint and prop elements while the show is in performance
- Responsible for the safety, organization, and backstage storage areas in Spencer Theatre and Copaken Stage
- Understand and build from design & technical drawings.
- Participate in all builds, load-ins, and strikes for each production.
- Work with Technical Director, Assistant Technical Director, and Head Carpenter for job assignments.
- Participate in all tech rehearsals, previews and performances, with the expectation of working evenings and weekends.
- Attend all technical note sessions following rehearsals and previews
- Work with Stage Management to assign crew tasks, tracks and daily calls
- Act as head flyperson for electrics hang, performances, and strike
- Work in a safe, efficient, and organized manner
- Other tasks as assigned by TD or Production Manager
- Support and uplift KCRep’s mission, vision, and values, and demonstrate a dedication to the principles of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Anti-Racism (IDEA) work
- Experience and/or education in technical theatre or related field.
- Experience with managing crews, as well as interpersonal, communication, and supervisory skills
- Prior experience in theatrical carpentry, stage management and/or run crew.
- Knowledge of basic carpentry skills, welding, hand & power tools, automation, theatrical rigging and/or theatrical lighting.
Interested parties should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com